How does oxygen change under pressure in an AirPod Hyperbaric Chamber.
1 ATA = SEA LEVEL
- At sea level (1 x ATA Atmosphere Absolute), we breathe 21% oxygen and 78% nitrogen plus a very small percentage of mixed gases.
- Our lungs filter the 21% oxygen and supply it to our red blood cells (Haemoglobin).
- The red blood cells are saturated at 97% and are unable to carry additional oxygen. Pressurisation is required to dissolve oxygen and provide an additional transport mechanism - blood plasma.
1.35 ATA = 3.5M BELOW SEA LEVEL
- When the AirPod is pressurised, oxygen is dissolved into the blood plasma, increasing oxygen concentration and enabling the oxygen to permeate tissues and cells.
- When the AirPod is operating at 1.35 ATA, the equivalent of 3.5 metres underwater, the oxygen concentration in our blood increases from 21.0% at sea level to 28.35%. (21% x 1.35ATA).
- This results in a significant 35% increase of oxygen circulating throughout our body.
2% HYDROGEN (NORMAL AIR = 0.00005%)
- Benefits of Hydrogen - In many scientific studies, molecular hydrogen exhibits antioxidant-like effects and properties. Science does not stand still, discoveries in hydrogen medicine occur every year, and today only 3 ways of the antioxidant effect of molecular hydrogen have been studied:
- Inhibition of ROS (reactive oxygen species) increases (free radicals). Hydrogen is able to inhibit and suppress the hydroxyl radical (OH) in body cells. Several pathways of molecular hydrogen exposure in the human body are already known with certainty.
- Inhibition of RNS (reactive nitrogen species) increase. Molecular hydrogen inhibits the formation of NO2 which in turn suppresses the formation of ONOO- (peroxynitrite), which reduces oxidative stress.
- Increases the regulation of powerful endogenous antioxidants. Our cells have their own natural defence system and produce the body’s own antioxidants, such as superoxide dismutase, catalase, glutathione peroxidase. Hydrogen enhances our endogenous antioxidants by activating the Nrf2 keap1 system through the properties of hydrogen signal modulation.
- 60 minutes AirPod Hydroxy therapy = equivalent of drinking 60 litres of Hydrogen Infused water.
See link to our articles for more on mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and the benefits of Hydrogen.
Enquire now to find out more.