HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY: HOW AIRPOD OXYGEN THERAPY IS THE SOLUTION
When you think Hyperbaric you immediately think oxygen therapy which alone has so many beneficial attributes. But why not take it to the next level and combine Hydrogen? A combination of oxygen and hydrogen “Hydroxy” increases oxygen by 35% plus 2% hydrogen, which produces even more benefits like reduced oxidative stress, decreased inflammation, accelerated recovery, improved immune system and so much more.
Lets take a closer look at how Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy works and why AirPod Oxygen therapy is a must have for home or commercial use.
HYPERBARIC - HOW UPTAKE OF OXYGEN CHANGES UNDER PRESSURE
1 ATA = SEA LEVEL
- At sea level (1 x ATA Atmosphere Absolute), we breathe 21% oxygen and 78% nitrogen plus a very small percentage of mixed gases.
- Our lungs filter the 21% oxygen and supply it to our red blood cells (Haemoglobin).
- The red blood cells are saturated at 97% and are unable to carry additional oxygen. Pressurisation is required to dissolve oxygen and provide an additional transport mechanism - blood plasma.
1.3 ATA = 3.5M BELOW SEA LEVEL
- When the AirPod is pressurised, oxygen is dissolved into the blood plasma, increasing oxygen concentration and enabling the oxygen to permeate tissues and cells.
- When the AirPod is operating at 1.35 ATA, the equivalent of 3.5 metres underwater, the oxygen concentration in our blood increases from 21.0% at sea level to 28.35%. (21% x 1.3ATA).
- This results in a significant 35% increase of oxygen circulating throughout our body.
2% HYDROGEN (NORMAL AIR = 0.00005%)
- Benefits of Hydrogen - In many scientific studies, molecular hydrogen exhibits antioxidant-like effects and properties. Science does not stand still, discoveries in hydrogen medicine occur every year, and today 3 ways of the antioxidant effect of molecular hydrogen have been studied:
1. Inhibition of ROS (reactive oxygen species) increase (free radicals). Hydrogen is able to inhibit and suppress the hydroxyl radical (OH) in body cells. Several pathways of molecular hydrogen exposure in the human body are already known with certainty.
2. Inhibition of RNS (reactive nitrogen species) increase. Molecular hydrogen inhibits the formation of NO2 which in turn suppresses the formation of ONOO- (peroxynitrite), which reduces oxidative stress.
3. Increases the regulation of powerful endogenous antioxidants. Our cells have their own natural defence system and produce the body’s own antioxidants, such as superoxide dismutase, catalase, glutathione peroxidase. Hydrogen enhances our endogenous antioxidants by activating the Nrf2 keap1 system through the properties of hydrogen signal modulation.
- 60 minutes AirPod Hydroxy therapy = equivalent of drinking 60 litres of Hydrogen Infused water.
WHY MILD HYPERBARIC THERPAY?
Everybody is looking at ways of improving their performance and seeing the results of their efforts faster. Hyperbarics are a way of boosting general wellness by increasing the efficiency of oxygen uptake in the body. Hyperbaric wellness is becoming a mainstream solution, both thanks to endorsements from world-class athletes, and as more clinics, sports clubs and wellness centres adopt hyperbarics as a center piece of their sustainable wellness practice. Hyperbaric Therapy Hyperbaric therapy has been used for over 300 years and supported by many studies. General wellness benefits include: - Improved energy levels - Better recovery time - Increased motivation
WHAT IS HYPERBARIC CHAMBER THERAPY?
Hyperbaric chambers create a sealed environment in which users are exposed to higher concentrations of oxygen, at a slightly higher atmospheric pressure. The more oxygen your body can absorb, the better your body and brain work, and the better you feel. AirPod hyperbaric chambers compress room air to around 1.3 times normal atmospheric pressure equivalent to 3m under water. This is known as mild hyperbaric therapy, and is generally safe for regular use with no known complications. AirPod chambers are designed to promote wellness, not to be used as medical devices to treat any particular condition. At normal atmospheric pressure our bloodstream is 97% saturated with oxygen, with each of our red blood cells carrying four oxygen molecules. Under pressure, the oxygen molecules are compressed, making them small enough to get into and saturate the blood plasma as well. This increases our oxygen saturation level, and enables oxygen to reach more parts of the body, in greater quantities. Increased oxygen means: - Increase energy levels - Decrease inflammation and swelling - Help body to clear toxins and increase ability for the body to fight infection.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HYPERBARICS FOR PERFORMANCE?
Injuries, micro tears, inflammation, and simple tiredness, are par for the course when training regularly. During training, lactic acid build up and inflammation can inhibit performance. Hyperbaric therapy can be used alongside other supportive treatments, including compression boots, cryotherapy and sports massage, to improve recuperation time and boost performance. Hyperbaric chamber therapy is reported to offer the following potential benefits:
- Improve alertness and concentration
- Shorten recovery time after injury
- Reduce the risk of injury
- Improve stamina during workouts, training, and competition
- Reduce inflammation
- leading to lower incidences of general aches and pains
- Increase relaxation, leading to better quality sleep and a greater sense of wellness.